Based on data that we've collected correlating "Shares" with the amount in donations received to a fundraiser, we've found that on average each share can be worth up to $37 received in donations.
To share your fundraiser to Facebook, you can either use the blue "Share to f" buttons on the fundraiser page or navigate to your dashboard.
Please follow these steps to share your fundraiser on Facebook:
1. Log into your dashboard by clicking “Log in” on the home page (YouCaring.com)
2. Click “My Account” in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Click your name in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Select “View My Profile” to view the list of fundraisers on your account.
5. Click “Manage Fundraiser” on the fundraiser you’d like to share.
6. Select the grey Facebook symbol located at the bottom left-hand corner.
7. Create a status update with a sentence or two about your fundraiser, add your personalized hashtag, and tag your friends.
8. Click "Post to Facebook".
When posting on Facebook you should:
- Create a status update with a sentence or two about your fundraiser, a great personal photo that helps tell your story, and the URL link to your YouCaring page. And be sure to feature your personalized hashtag.
- Make your update public to get more views. Ask friends to share your update with their friends, too.
- Post updates to your wall, start a group to support your cause, and/or create an event and invite your friends.
For how to effectively promote your fundraiser on Facebook, please visit the following article: