The transfer process will require a few email replies between you, our help center and your beneficiary. After you complete the first steps, we'll BCC your beneficiary's email address so they can reply and confirm they'd like to take over. Finally, we'll send a transfer request over to WePay to complete the transfer and will give your beneficiary steps to withdraw the funds. This can all be done quickly as long as your beneficiary is near a computer.
To get your WePay account transferred to the beneficiary, you will need to start off by doing two things.
First, I will need you to personally add your beneficiary's email address to your existing WePay account. You don't need to remove your own, you're just adding theirs as a secondary email. Here's how you can do that:
1. Log directly into WePay at www.wepay.com/login
2. Click on your name in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select the correct fundraiser.
4. Click the 'Security' tab on the left.
5. Click the 'Edit' button next to the current email.
6. Type in the new email address and click the green 'Update' button to save.
7. Once you've done that, a verification email will be sent to that address
8. Your beneficiary will need to confirm their address by following the instructions of the verification email they'll receive
9. Once confirmed, your WePay account will now reflect the beneficiary's email address
Next, please email send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
-The name of your beneficiary
-The beneficiary's relationship to the campaign
-The email address they will be using (the one you just added to WePay)
-Confirm you've added your beneficiary's email to the WePay account
-The link to your fundraiser