The transfer process will require a few email replies between you, our help center and your beneficiary. After you complete the first steps, we'll BCC your beneficiary's email address so they can reply and confirm they'd like to take over. Finally, we'll send a transfer request over to WePay to complete the transfer and will give your beneficiary steps to withdraw the funds. This can all be done quickly as long as your beneficiary is near a computer.
To get your WePay account transferred to the beneficiary, you will need to start off by doing two things.
First, we will need you to personally add your beneficiary's email address to your existing WePay account. Here's how you can do that:
- Log directly into WePay at www.wepay.com/login
- Click the 'Security' tab on the left.
- Click the 'Edit' button next to the current email.
- Type in your beneficiary's email address and click the green 'Update' button to save.
- Your beneficiary will then receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to verify their email address.
Next, please email send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
-The name of your beneficiary
-The beneficiary's relationship to the campaign
-The email address they will be using (the one you just added to WePay)
-Confirmation you've added your beneficiary's email to the WePay account
-The link to your fundraiser